Saturday 20 April 2013

YELLOW 3D FLOWER

YELLOW CARD WITH 3D FLOWER
I have to confess that I use this technique a lot so I'm cheating a bit  this week.  It is, however, something I haven't done a post on before, so it might be of use to someone as an idea to try.
The stamps are from Martha Stewart.  The three flowers (all of slightly different shape and of decreasing size) have all been stamped on 150g paper, cut out and then reassembled with foam sticky dots between each layer to make a 3d effect.  
The thing I have done which is new to me, is use yellow ink!  I know it sounds silly but I think I have somehow managed to stamp for the best part of thirty years without ever owning a yellow ink pad before now!!!  White mesh and two different embossing patterns give the overall card a nice textured look (and feel), although its not at all the sort of card I would usually make.

No comments:

Post a Comment