Saturday 6 April 2013

HEARTS WITH DIMENSIONAL MAGIC

DIMENSIONAL MAGIC OVER GLITTER PAPER
DIMENSIONAL MAGIC WITH GLITTER SPRINKLE
This week I've been playing with dimensional magic and glitter.  I have to confess I'm not very good at using either of them.   Tempted as I am to throw up my hands and declare that "its all no good,"  I know that what I really need to do is practise using both, so.......
The first sample is just a piece of Kaiser paper with glitter already in place, stuck to a wooden heart shape and covered with a layer of dimensional magic.  I inked the edges with gold ink first, although you can't really see this in the picture.  The dimensional  magic tones down the glitter a bit but the result is OK.  The second sample is on a die cut of thick card, painted pink, then covered with dimensional magic with glitter sprinkled on top.

Two of the issues I have with dimensional magic and similar products are that I almost always end up with bubbles and that the material I use as a base almost always buckles. Both have been avoided here.....really its a matter of not rushing things.  I let the dimensional magic flow of its own accord, resisting the urge to shake or squeeze it, and then carefully popped the few little air bubbles with a pin.  ( I even had the heat gun out in case I needed to smooth them out with this but it proved unneccessary).  As for the second issue, it didn't arise due to the thickness of the bases.  I guess I should try some other samples using thinner bases and perhaps sealing them first?  Perhaps for a later post.........

No comments:

Post a Comment