Saturday 13 April 2013

GLITTER BALLOONS

GLITTER BALLOONS
As you can see, the glitter and dimensional magic is still out on the craft table.

The glitter I've used in this example is an extremely chunky one (some may go so far as to say cheap and nasty).  Every time I've tried to use this is just sort of collect in clumps and bits fall off the page.  Before consigning it to the rubbish I've given it one last try.

For this sample I've die cut balloons (using a Cuttlebug die) form acetate, and applied the glitter to the underside using dimensional magic instead of glue so the top is glittery but smooth.

The picture (I've cheated and drawn in some "strings" digitally) doesn't really do the end result justice.  Its not a hundred percent fine (you can see where I've failed to fill to the edge in the smallest balloon) but I'm happy enough with the end product to put the glitter back on the shelf instead of in the bin.

No comments:

Post a Comment