Saturday 18 February 2012

PAPER PIECING WITH STAMPS


I'm hardly ever happy with the end result when I try to colour images with pens or pencils. If you're similarly afflicted you might want to try this alternative – just stamp the images on all the colours you want to use, cut out the pieces and reassemble them on a stamped background image. Its a bit fiddly but not as hard as it sounds. In this case the background was a pale cream. I used brown, blue and red for the books and brown, red, white, and a script-patterned papers for the little girl. The “blackboard” was just white ink on black paper. The stamps are from Hampton Art/Graphic45. (An ABC Primer 3)

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute...oops, sorry Heather...this is a fabulous card lol I really like paper piecing and should do more of it. The script paper she is holding is very clever :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever idea Heather - I wouldn't have considered doing an entire image this way, but I might just try it now. Great card. :)

    ReplyDelete