Friday 12 May 2017

EASY LAYERED STAMPING USING VELLUM

EASY LAYERED STAMPING
Here's an easy way to get a layered look without mucking around with masking or resist techniques.

It just involves stamping on the base layer then adding a vellum (parchment paper) sleeve over the top, with stamping on both sides.  When assembled there is a real sense of depth.

I've used black Staz-on (a lot of inks don't dry very well on vellum) so there is a real dark to light effect.

I've just stuck to one colour and one stamp but you could obviously experiment with combinations. I do intend to get around to doing this - I'm thinking maybe words in one layer, small stamps at the front and a background stamp on the base

For the base layer of this example I've used a textured white card, the vellum has been folded around it and secured with twine tied through two holes (made with a darning needle), centred on the fold.

No comments:

Post a Comment