Sunday 12 March 2017

SMALL STAMPS AS A BACKGROUND

SMALL STAMPS AS A BACKGROUND
Its been a while since I've posted - no bad reason, just busy with other things, but I will do my best to put up something new at least once a month for the rest of the year!

I seem to have accumulated a lot of little stamps.  Often they come as part of a larger set.  I often add one to the back of a card, but thought it was about time to get them out of the cupboard and see what else I could do with them.

Making backgrounds is one idea.  These little chaps were part of a Kaiser set, and using different coloured ink for each design I've just more or less randomly stamped them over the front of the card, overstamping some of the edges.

 I used an oval cut-out to mask an area towards the top of the card to leave a clear space for a couple of larger stamps.  The result is slightly dodgy as I deliberately wanted a handmade look (honestly this time, although often I "achieve" this when I don't want to).  If you want a cleaner look, draw in some guidelines lightly with pencil to make sure the mask and stamps within it are straight and centred, and be sure to press very lightly and not overink your stamps to stop unwanted edge lines (which are harder to avoid with little stamps).

I made this card as an example rather than one I intend to give to anyone, but like it enough to want to play around a bit more with the technique

No comments:

Post a Comment