Saturday 10 May 2014

STAMP SCRAP STAMP

BACKGROUND STAMP
I'm a huge fan of Darkroom Door stamps - the only downside is that they have to be cut apart.  I haven't actually managed to wreck any yet but the possibility is always in the back of my mind.

Every downside, though, has an upside and all the little leftover bits of rubber will cling to an acrylic block to make a great background stamp.  I dismantled this one before it occurred to me that if I'd stamped it in brown on golden yellow it would be a great "giraffe" fur background....oh well, I can always do it again.

I guess if you were very keen you could cut the little bits of rubber into brick shapes or "stones" but I kind of like the random nature of just using them "as is" (or perhaps I'm just a very lazy person?)

2 comments:

  1. how clever Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear Heather I'm already in trouble for saving all the little bits of cardstock because I see a use for them and now I have checked my long forgotten unmounted rubber stamp stash and my mind is racing.. thank you (I think) Roma

    ReplyDelete