Saturday 7 September 2013

BRUSH MARKERS AND STAMPS

BRUSH MARKERS AND STAMPS - EXAMPLES
I'm still making myself explore different ways of adding colour to images.....who knows it might grow on me.

I have used my new set of Art Stamps Australia brush markers for these images.  These pens are water based (i.e. not alcohol based like the new Kaiser pens or Copics).

They are suitable for colouring straight onto stamps before stamping BUT they work best on rubber rather than acrylic.

The solid "LIFE" (Kaiser) stamp was the worst result - the colour beaded and went distinctly splotchy.....I guess if you're after a distressed result it might have applications.  The butterfly outline stamp (also Kaiser) was a bit patchy but worked OK.

I wasn't overly keen on the results on the rubber (Rubbadubbadoo) trees either - once again the ink seemed to bead.  this might have been my fault, however, as I think I might have used too much ink.  A lighter touch on the strawberry (also Rubbadubbadoo) worked much better.  Finally the result I was seeking!!!!

The best outcome though was actually colouring in a prestamped image (Judikins).  I just put a tiny bit of colour on each petal of the flower and dragged it using a damp paint brush and "ta da"...instant shading!  I think this is how I'll be using the markers from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment