Saturday 18 May 2013

STAMPING AND COLOURING ON BLACK CARD

STAMPING ON BLACK CARD
This is the same Martha Stewart stamp I used in the yellow card example from a few weeks back, and is another example of colours I rarely use.  Well....I do love black, but I hardly ever stamp onto it.  I've seen a lot of examples using white embossing powder so thought I'd join the crowd.  I probably should have stopped there as I was quite pleased with the result but decided to keep going and colour in the image with metallic gel pens.  The pens work really well on dark surfaces however the colours don't always appear in quite the same way as they do when used on white cardstock (hence the strange purple inner petals).  If the urge to colour on black strikes me again I will do a little sample swatch BEFORE I start.

No comments:

Post a Comment