Saturday 7 July 2012

CUT UP YOUR STAMPS

I needed some words to go on this little panel  but couldn't find quite the right thing.  I saw a Kaiser (and no I don't work for them.....its just that they make some good stuff at a reasonable price so its a bit over-represented in my craft room) stamp that was almost right.  It had a religious text that was inappropriate for how I wanted to use this card, and in any case, it wouldn't have fitted in the small space with extra words.  A few snips with the scissors later and I had just what I needed.  Acrylic stamps (I have just found out) cut really easily, and if you need them as they were they can be somewhat reassembled on a clear block.  I'm now revisiting some of the unused text stamps from other sets I own to see how they can be made useful.  After all....."All things are possible".

2 comments:

  1. Hi Heather, I chop mine these days too (even the rubber ones, gasp!!!) Makes them much more user friendly. :)
    Love the folded butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the paper butterfly and ... yes, I cut my stamps up too - scary! Could you shoot me an email as I can't seem to find your email address? Thanks - bronaddinktivedesigns@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete