Saturday 30 June 2012

MARKER PENS AND GESSO


I quite like the look of coloured embossed backgrounds, but these ones (a Cuttlebug folder  and a Couture Creations design), initially coloured with some cheap marker pens were a bit too bright for my liking.  Also some of the areas where I'd overcoloured the pen stood out from the rest.  A thinnish layer of white gesso saved them from the bin. It toned the colours down nicely and disguised the "dodgy" bits.  Unfortunately as I didn't think this would work very well I didn't do a "before and after" scan for comparison, so you'll have to take my word for it!  All in all a technique I'll use again - maybe even deliberately next time!!

1 comment:

  1. These would have required a lesson in patience with all the intricate bits to colour. I will have to remember 'gesso' as a potential saver of cards doomed for the bin. They look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete