Saturday 24 March 2012

PUNCHED DRAGONFLIES AND FLOWERS


Remember the olden days....before die-cutting machines and fancy papers? If you weren't doing wonderful things with stamps, chances were, your cards looked something like this. All the shapes (squares, dragonflies and daisies) were cut using hole punches. All the paper is cheap as chips (140g office paper) except for the dragonflies and two diagonal corner daisies which were punched from curious metallics ice gold shimmer paper to add a bit of subtle highlighting. (We upped the budget to .45c a sheet for this). I cheated a bit by embellishing with Kaiser adhesive pearls (in “the day” it would have been something like liquid pearls). I know I've also strayed a little bit from my stated intent for this blog, as paper-punching is not a new technique but every now and again it doesn't hurt to re-visit some “oldies but goodies”, and as I've made a promise to myself to do something different every week, I might have to dust off some treasures from the vault now and again!


No comments:

Post a Comment